IEEE-USA’s Congressional Visits Day (CVD) is an annual event that brings engineers, scientists, mathematicians, researchers, educators, and technology executives to Washington to raise visibility of and support for engineering and technology. This premier event is open to all IEEE members, especially those who support federal STEM research. The program consists of a series of briefings and meetings, culminating with a full day of visits with your Congressional delegates. This year CVD will on April 5-6. Register to participate by 18-March.
IEEE-USA’s CVD raises awareness of the long-term importance of engineering and technology to the nation.
The core messages for 2022 are:
- Sustained investments in technology research are essential to our nation’s the long-term prosperity.
- Science, Engineering and Technology partnerships between government, universities, and industries mean progress, economic growth and jobs for our Nation.
- Defense Department research plays a unique and critical role in our nation’s competitiveness.
Basic Rules for Participants
- First-time CVD participants are encouraged to attend one of the training sessions that will be scheduled prior to your meetings. Experienced CVD attendees are invited to attend. These training sessions will be recorded and made available to all participants.
- IEEE-USA will schedule all meetings with your Representative, Senators and/or their staff, based on constituency. Please indicate your approximate availability when you register.
- You will be attending all your meetings as part of a team consisting of other IEEE members.
- If you have connections to legislators other than those you vote for, there may be opportunities for you to participate in additional meetings. However, please be mindful and allow the constituent(s) to lead his/her meeting.
- Most meetings will be scheduled for April 6th, although some will be earlier or later that week. Your exact schedule will be determined by your Legislators’ availability.
- You will want to meet your team members and work on your “message” to legislators prior to your meetings.
Registration for this event closes on 18 March 2022.
To register to participate: https://ieeeusa.org/public-policy/cvd/registration/