With over 400,000 members in over 160 countries, IEEE makes it easy for you to connect with colleagues who share your expertise or interests.
Become involved in our various societies, affinity and special interest groups and watch your professional network grow. IEEE and IEEE Region 6 have several resources to help you with your career, including helping you find a job.
Beyond all its meetings and conferences, IEEE provides a suite of professional development tools including:
- a Resume Lab to help you with your resume
- a Salary Survey to see how your salary compares
- The IEEE Job Site to find a potential job
- The Student Job Site to find an entry-level job
- IEEE Spectrum Tech Careers
- The IEEE Consultants Network is a database of experts. Search available assignments, or start your own network.
- IEEE-USA Consultants Resources, including a variety of services and resources for members exploring or engaged in the practice of consulting, under the oversight of the IEEE-USA’s Alliance of IEEE Consultants’ Networks Coordinating Committee (AICNCC).
- U.S. IEEE Consultants can advertise their services in the IEEE-USA Consultants Database.
- IEEE-USA Webinars are designed to help you find your next job, maintain your career, negotiate an appropriate salary, understand ethical considerations in the workplace and learn about other career-building strategies.
- IEEE Collabratec™ is a new, integrated online community where IEEE members, researchers, authors, and technology professionals with similar fields of interest can network and collaborate, as well as create and manage content. Also access members-only communities targeted specifically at sharing job search information and career advice.
- Update your Technical Interest Profile to manage your communication preferences.
- Exploit the benefits of becoming a Senior Member
- IEEE eLearning Library – Access 400+ online peer-reviewed courses in core and emerging technologies delivered through IEEE Xplore. Earn CEUs and PDHs for career development and professional certifications. IEEE members receive a 50% discount off course prices. Learn more at bit.ly/IEEEeLearning
- IEEE Mentoring – Share your knowledge and experience. Seek advice on career planning, changes, and skills. Get involved by joining the IEEE mentoring program at ieee.org/mentoring
- IEEE Communities and Affinity Groups – Participate in activities from affinity groups such as IEEE Young Professionals, IEEE Women in Engineering, and IEEE Entrepreneurship.
Click here for the complete list of available career resources at IEEE.
IEEE Region 6
See the conferences and meetings created by IEEE Region 6.
Professional Development Activities