The Region 6 Awards Program
The Region 6 awards program is substantially different from previous years. In brief, here are the important changes
- All Region awards can be nominated by any Region member. There are no Area awards any longer.
- All award nominations and endorsement letters will be submitted online via Survey Monkey Apply. There are no longer any forms or emailed or paper nominations.
The deadline for Region Award nominations submission is July 1 by 11:59pm Pacific time, including endorsements.
Go to https://apply-ieee.smapply.io to submit nominations. The site will ask for you to identify endorsers and then will invite the endorsers to submit letters. Please allow enough time for endorsers to submit their letters by the July 1 due date.
Purpose and Value of the Awards Program
The awards program honors IEEE volunteers, engineers, and teachers within Region 6. This is important because those who contribute to IEEE and to our community should be recognized and thanked for their hard work, dedication, and contributions.
- Outstanding Corporate Service
- Outstanding Small Section of the Year (less than 501 active members)
- Outstanding Medium Section of the Year (501-1500 members)
- Outstanding Large Section of the Year (more than 1500 active members)
- Outstanding Small Student Branch of the Year (up to 25 active members)
- Outstanding Large Student Branch of the Year (more than 25 active members)
- Region 6 Outstanding Chapter of the Year (includes Society Chapters and Technical Councils but not Affinity Groups)
- Region 6 Outstanding Affinity Group Chapter of the Year
- Region 6 Outstanding Affinity Group Member (WIE member who promoted women in engineering, LMAG member who promoted Life Members Activities, CN member who promoted Consultant Network Activities, YP IEEE member who promoted Young Professional activities) (Up to 2 awards each year)
- Region 6 Outstanding IEEE member who promoted Global Humanitarian Projects or Activities
- Region 6 Outstanding IEEE member who promoted Membership Development or Senior Member Elevation
- Region 6 Outstanding IEEE member who is an Outstanding Educator, Mentor or Facilitator in the area of STEM
- Region 6 Outstanding K through 12 Educator who made significant contributions to STEM Education
- Region 6 Outstanding Service and Leadership to the IEEE
- Region 6 Outstanding Engineer
Rules and Requirements to Submit Region 6 Nominations
- No self-nominations.
- All nominations of individuals require two letters of recommendation. The deadline is the same as above.
- All nominations and letters must come from IEEE members.
Contact the R6 Awards Chair using the form for instructions on how to submit an online award nomination.