The Region 6 Awards Program
Deadline extended to October 3
Purpose and Value of the Awards Program
One of the purposes of a professional society is to recognize the accomplishments of their community. The Region 6 awards program honors IEEE volunteers, engineers, and teachers within Region 6. This is important because those who contribute to IEEE and to our community should be recognized and thanked for their hard work, dedication, and contributions.
- All Region awards can be nominated by any Region member. There are no longer Area awards.
- All nominations of individuals require two letters of recommendation. The deadline is the same as for nominations. Be sure to allow sufficient time for the endorsements to be submitted.
- All award nominations and endorsement letters will be submitted online. There are no longer any forms or emailed or paper nominations.
The deadline for Region Award nominations submission is September 18 (or as otherwise announced) by 11:59pm Pacific time, including endorsements.
Go to https://ieee.secure-platform.com/a/page/major_board_awards/mga-awards/region6 to submit nominations. The site will ask for you to identify two endorsers and then will invite the endorsers to submit letters. Please allow enough time for endorsers to submit their letters by the deadline.
Read the Award Nomination page for criteria and information required to submit nominations.
Companies and Corporations:
IEEE Organizational Units:
- Outstanding Small Section of the Year (less than 501 active members)
- Outstanding Medium Section of the Year (501-1500 members)
- Outstanding Large Section of the Year (more than 1500 active members)
- Outstanding Small Student Branch of the Year (up to 25 active members)
- Outstanding Large Student Branch of the Year (more than 25 active members)
- Region 6 Outstanding Chapter of the Year (includes Society Chapters and Technical Councils but not Affinity Groups)
- Region 6 Outstanding Affinity Group Chapter of the Year
- Region 6 Outstanding Affinity Group Member (WIE member who promoted women in engineering, LMAG member who promoted Life Members Activities, CN member who promoted Consultant Network Activities, YP IEEE member who promoted Young Professional activities) (Up to 2 awards each year)
- Region 6 Outstanding IEEE member who promoted Global Humanitarian Projects or Activities
- Region 6 Outstanding IEEE member who promoted Membership Development or Senior Member Elevation
- Region 6 Outstanding IEEE member who is an Outstanding Educator, Mentor or Facilitator in the area of STEM
- Region 6 Outstanding K through 12 Educator who made significant contributions to STEM Education
- Region 6 Outstanding Service and Leadership to the IEEE
- Region 6 Outstanding Engineer
Rules and Requirements to Submit Region 6 Nominations
- No self-nominations.
- All nominations of individuals require two letters of recommendation. The deadline is the same as above.
- The nominee must be an IEEE member (except the STEM educator nominee). The endorsement letters may or may not be from an IEEE member.
Contact the R6 Awards Chair for questions or on how to submit an online award nomination.
Surinder Tuli email@example.com