Call for Participation
The 11th IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (IEEE GHTC 2021) is an international flagship conference sharing practical technology enabled solutions addressing the needs of underserved populations and resource constrained environments around the world and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDG).
GHTC 2021 takes place ONLINE (PT) from Tuesday October 19 through Friday October 22. See https://ieeeghtc.org.
Student Poster Contest
Our 4th Student Poster Contest will be held online Tuesday afternoon from 4-6 PM PT. Cash prizes will be awarded. Deadline for submission of abstracts is 8-October.
Workshops: Tuesday morning choose from 1/2 day workshops included with a GHTC full registration.
- Frugal Innovation and the Design Thinking Process, by Frugal Innovation Hub (SoE of Santa Clara University) and Latin America Frugal Innovation Network
- Application of IoT During Pre- and Post-COVID 19 Pandemic (A Humanitarian Services Workshop)
- Fundamentals of Off-Grid Electrical Systems, with Prof. Henry Louie, Kilowatts for Humanity and Seattle University
- IEEE Microgrid Standards, by IEEE Standards Association
- Social Media Disinformation and its Impact on Public Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic (Tuesday October 20, 1300-1350 (PT))
- Tech Innovations for Healthy Aging (Wednesday October 21, 1300-1350 (PT))
- Advancing IEEE Leadership Through New Initiatives on Sustainable Development and Energy Transformation (Wednesday October 21, 1400-1450 (PT))
- Think Global, Act Local: Fostering Engineering Knowledge and Capacity for Impact (Friday October 22, 1300-1400 (PT))
Plenary Speakers: View the plenary speakers line-up here.
The Technical Program (see detailed program with paper sessions) features 68 papers in 18 sessions:
|Water and Sanitation||3||1|
GHTC 2021 is sponsored by IEEE Region 6, IEEE Seattle Section and IEEE SSIT (Society on Social Implications of Technology) with technical sponsorship by IEEE-SA, IEEE-USA, IEEE CTS, EMBS, MTT-S, PELS, PES and IEEE Smart Village.