One of the purposes of a professional society is to recognize the accomplishments of their community. This year, Region 6 has available 15 awards – for corporations, individuals & volunteers, or organizational units. The Region 6 awards portal is now open (July 15).
If you know of someone deserving recognition, we encourage you to nominate them for one of these awards.
Nominations are due Sept 17, 2021, 11:59 pm PDT and must include both the nomination and 2 or 3 endorsements. Please allow time for endorsements to be submitted by the Sept 17 date.
Go to https://ieee.secure-platform.com/a/page/major_board_awards/mga-awards/region6 to submit nominations.
This year, Region 6 nominations include: (see https://ieee-region6.org/awards/ for details on the awards and the nomination process)
1. Outstanding Corporate Service
2. Region 6 Small Section of the Year (less than 500 members)
3. Region 6 Medium Section of the Year (greater than 501 members but less than 1500 members)
4. Region 6 Large Section of the Year (more than 1500 members)
5. Region 6 Small Student Branch of the Year (less than 25 active members)
6. Region 6 Large Student Branch of the Year (25 or more active members)
7. Region 6 Outstanding Chapter of the Year (includes Society Chapters and Technical Councils but not Affinity Groups)
8. Region 6 Outstanding Affinity Group Chapter of the year
9. Region 6 Outstanding Affinity Group Member (WIE member who promoted women in engineering, LMAG member who promoted Life Members Activities, CN member who promoted Consultant Network Activities, YP IEEE member who promoted Young Professional activities) (UP to 2 awards each year)
10. Region 6 Outstanding IEEE member who promoted Global Humanitarian Projects or Activities
11. Region 6 Outstanding IEEE member who promoted Membership Development or Senior Member Elevation
12. Region 6 Outstanding IEEE member who is an Outstanding Educator, Mentor or Facilitator in the area of STEM
13. Region 6 Outstanding K through 12 Educator who made significant contributions to STEM Education
14. Region 6 Outstanding Service and Leadership to the IEEE
15. Region 6 Outstanding Engineer
For any questions, contact the R6 Award chair, Surinder Tuli, at email@example.com