Deadline extended to July 15
One of the purposes of a professional society is to recognize the accomplishments of their community. This year, Region 6 has available 15 awards – for corporations, individuals or organizational units. The Region 6 awards portal is now open (May 1) via Survey Monkey Apply.
Nominations are due July 15, 2019 11:59 pm PDT and must include both nomination and 2 or 3 endorsements. Please allow time for endorsements to be submitted by the July 15 date.
See the Region Awards page for descriptions of the awards and nomination process.
This year, Region 6 nominations include:
1. Outstanding Corporate Service
IEEE organizational units
2. Small Section of the Year (less than 500 members)
3. Medium Section of the Year (greater than 501 members but less than 1500 members)
4. Large Section of the Year (more than 1500 members)
5. Small Student Branch of the Year (less than 25 active members)
6. Large Student Branch of the Year (25 or more active members)
7. Outstanding Chapter of the Year (includes Society Chapters and Technical Councils but not Affinity Groups)
8. Outstanding Affinity Group Chapter of the year
9. Outstanding Affinity Group Member (WIE member who promoted women in engineering, LMAG member who promoted Life Members Activities, CN member who promoted Consultant Network Activities, YP IEEE member who promoted Young Professional activities) (UP to 2 awards each year)
10. Outstanding IEEE member who promoted Global Humanitarian Projects or Activities
11. Outstanding IEEE member who promoted Membership Development or Senior Member Elevation
12. Outstanding IEEE member who is an Outstanding Educator, Mentor or Facilitator in the area of STEM
13. Outstanding K through 12 Educator who made significant contributions to STEM Education
14. Outstanding Service and Leadership to the IEEE
15. Outstanding Engineer
Contact your Section Awards Chair or Section Chair to submit nominations. See Region Officer contacts.
For any questions, contact the R6 Awards chair, Loretta Arellano, at firstname.lastname@example.org.