San Jose – January 30, 2014 – Today the IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC) Steering Committee announced the Call For Papers for the 2014 Conference. It will take place in San Jose, California, USA, October 10th – 13th 2014.
Organized by IEEE, the world’s largest technical professional society with over 400,000 members in over 160 countries, IEEE GHTC focuses on advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. This 4th annual cross-discipline conference provides the perfect venue for those interested in humanitarian projects to join their peers in Silicon Valley, a community famed for leading-edge technological innovations, world-class researchers, and technology investors. The conference attracts a global audience of educators, engineers, scientist, practitioners, educators, philanthropists, corporations, foundations, NGO’s and others interested in applying technology to develop effective solutions for the challenges facing the world’s underserved populations.
- Promote science, engineering and technology as key to development of solutions to humanitarian problems
- Foster exchange of information and networking in the humanitarian field
- Focus attention of businesses on emerging market and social entrepreneurship opportunities
- Impact in positive and meaningful ways the lives of disadvantaged billions around the world
GHTC is focused on, but not limited to, working in the following humanitarian areas:
- Energy: infrastructure and off-grid power, renewable, transportation, lighting, cooking & heating
- Health: medical technology, telemedicine, mobile care, primary care
- Disaster, Connectivity, and Communication: disaster warning & avoidance, disaster response, disaster management, networks, remote communication, communication technologies
- Humanitarian Challenges and Opportunities: education, housing, supply chain & distribution, business development
- Water and Agriculture: clean water, sanitation, irrigation, farming practices & agricultural technologies
New This Year:
- Encourage greater participation by people and organizations working in the field to showcase functional solutions as well as lessons learned.
- Increase involvement of businesses and industry supporting humanitarian solutions
- Participate in an extensive, vibrant, and innovative technical program
- Learn from world-class practitioners working in the field
- Exchange information, share experiences and network with actively involved attendees
- Gain visibility and recognition for your humanitarian work and projects
- Find new resources, ideas, and potential partners or investors
The Conference Program will include plenary, panel and invited talks, tutorial sessions, technical sessions, poster sessions, contests, and many opportunities for social and professional networking. We hope you will participate by submitting a paper, talk or poster.
Abstract Submissions are due March 31, 2014
More Information: http://www.ieeeghtc.org
We look forward to seeing you at GHTC 2014 in Silicon Valley.
The IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference is sponsored by IEEE Region 6, the Santa Clara Valley Section, the Seattle Section, with publishing support from IEEE-USA.