Is your section involved in any K-12 STEM activities? If you haven’t already or if you have added new activities, please send me the information on these activities in your section. I need to hear from you by October 10, 2013.
As the Region 6 IEEE-USA K-12 STEM Literacy Committee member, I am continuing to compile a list of STEM activities that your sections are doing. Please send the information to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about starting a STEM Outreach program, please feel free to contact me also.
Here is a list of the activity I have so far:
- Future City Competition – Seattle, Fort Huachuca, Phoenix
- SMART Competition – Phoenix
- First Robotics – Fort Huachuca, Phoenix
- First Lego League – Fort Huachuca, Phoenix
- MathCOUNTS – Foothills, Phoenix
- Boy Scout merit badge qualification programs – Phoenix
- Girl Scout STEM career presentations/workshops
- E-Week displays at Science Centers
- SciTech Festival involvement
- Support of 4-H programs
- School visits (speaking to various student groups/grade levels) about what engineers do, STEM/CTE areas of interest, etc.
- TISP and other teacher outreach programs (including IEEE-Phoenix Section Arizona Science Lab)
- Engineering4kidsUSA – Orange County
- Intel ISEF – Oregon, Santa Clara Valley, Oakland East Bay, San Francisco, Buenaventura, Phoenix
- Robotics Summer Camp at University of Alaska-Anchorage – Alaska
- CyberPatrior – Hawaii, Fort Huachuca
- Science Olympiad – Phoenix