The Professional Activities Committee (PACE) of IEEE-USA has just approved a special $200 incentive program for 2012. Any USA Section that completes and reports three or more PACE events during 2012 is eligible to receive a special $200 bonus payment. The incentive program runs during 2012 only and is limited to the first 100 Sections. All Section payments are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
The incentive payment is intended to encourage all USA Sections to use IEEE vTools to report all professional activities. The MPE program is in addition to and does not replace the existing USA Regional PACE project funding program.
A USA Section will receive a one-time direct payment $200 when they complete and report three (or more) successful local professional activity (PACE) events during 2012.
- Total attendance (of all events) must exceed 100
- It is highly recommended that the event be created and published using vTools.
- Each PACE event must be reported using vTools and classified in the “professional” meeting category. https://meetings.vtools.ieee.org/main
- Meetings may use the pre-packaged IEEE-USA modules or a topic of local interest.
- Regional PACE Coordinators have the discretion to request Section payments in exceptional circumstances
- When the PACE Committee determines that a Section has fulfilled the requirements, the $200 bonus is transferred to the Section’s Concentration Banking account and the Section Chair is notified by email. Sections without IEEE Concentration Banking accounts are strongly encouraged to open one.
The MPE program will be administered by the IEEE-USA Professional Activities Committee. The Committee will audit the vTools meeting database on a quarterly basis to determine which Sections have completed the requirements for the MPE rebate.
Questions regarding the MPE program should be directed to your Regional PACE Chair/Coordinator.