- This event has passed.
[ValleyML.ai, IEEE SCV-CS and CIS] Data Management in the Cloud Era
April 25, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm PDTFree
IEEE CS Chapter of Silicon Valley is organizing this free workshop technical event for all its IEEE CS chapter members in collaboration with IEEE CIS (Santa Clara Valley Chapter of IEEE Computational Intelligence Society). Co-sponsored by ValleyML.ai
Finance Committee Chair: Ms. Yllka Masada
Oracle providing this free workshop for IEEE CS members.
1) Kris Bhanushali, Senior Principal Product Manager for Oracle’s Database Cloud Service
Oracle/Address: 4040 George Sellon Cir · Santa Clara, CA
Please check in into Clock Tower building 04
6:00PM – 6:30PM Networking & Refreshments
6:30PM – 7:00PM Keynote
7:00PM – 8:30PM the workshop
How is Data Management different today than it used to be? Well, to begin with, there is a gazillion times more data today than there used to be just a decade ago. Clearly, traditional tools of data management are not going to work. Let’s take a look at ways to manage enterprise data at scale without getting a PhD in database administration.
We all wear multiple hats in this cloud era so whether you are a developer, DBA, IT Ops or DevOps, this session is for you. We’ll also look at terraform based orchestration, ways to deploy microservices on a Kubernetes cluster and whip up some python/java apps quickly in the Oracle cloud.
1) Gopikrishna Manchala, Certified Principal Enterprise Cloud Architect (OCI) for the Northern California Region.
2) Vishal Atreja, Vishal is a cloud technology evangelist and a member of the Oracle Digital North America Technology Division Solution Engineering
3) Santosh Kumar Ramarathnam, Senior Technical Consultant at Oracle and is an OCI certified Associate.
The lab flow:
• Lab 1: Provisioning an Autonomous Database.
• Lab 2: Managing and Scaling Data using Autonomous Features.
• Lab 3: Configuring a Node.js app (as an example) to work with the Autonomous Database.
• Lab 4: Understanding and Working with REST APIs.
• Lab 5: Configuring Infrastructure
• Lab 6: Modern App Dev on Oracle’s Cloud Native Framework with Oracle Autonomous as the Backend, Database Layer.
Please fill out this https://forms.gle/W1mcm8kxdPtuw1zX9 to expedite the registration process and for us to provision your FREE Cloud Platform Trial account so that you can run this workshop smoothly. Please provide the email address that you have never used for Oracle Cloud Platform Trial account before. You will not be required to input your credit card for creating this account.
Prerequisites: bring Laptop- Either Windows/Mac and pre-install:
1. SQL Developer:
Select the OS for your computer. (This page also has instructions on how to install SQL Developer on Windows, Mac OSX and Linux.)
If you already have SQL Developer installed on your computer please check the minimum version required to connect to an Oracle ADW Cloud is SQL Developer 17.4.
2. Data Visualization Desktop:
Oracle Data Visualization Desktop makes it easy to visualize your data so you can focus on exploring interesting data patterns. Choose from a variety of visualizations to look at data in a specific way. Data Visualization Desktop comes with Oracle ADW.
To download and install Data Visualization Desktop please follow:
Select the OS for your computer. This page also has instructions on how to install DVD on Windows and Mac OSX.
If you already have Data Visualization Desktop installed on your computer then please check the version. The minimum version that is required to connect to an Oracle ADW Cloud is 12c 188.8.131.52.0.
Here is the Link to the learning Library you will need during the workshop. bit.ly/atpLabs
Open to all to attend
(Online registration is needed. If you did not register, seating is not guaranteed.)